Instructions to fix the “Grand theft auto 5 has stopped working” mistake in Windows 10
Grand Theft Auto 5 is one of the most noteworthy earning Windows game that has broken industry records. In any case, the game doesn’t generally run perfectly and has one blunder message that states, “Grand Theft Auto 5 has stopped working.”
That blunder message flies up for some GTA enthusiasts when they begin the game. Thusly, GTA 5 doesn’t keep running for them. There are, in any case, different ways that you can settle this issue.
Fix Grand Theft Auto 5 has stopped working crashes on PC
1.Check GTA 5’s System Requirements
To start with, twofold watch that your portable workstation or desktop meets GTA 5’s base framework prerequisites. The following is a depiction of Grand Theft Auto 5’s framework necessities.
Note that the game requires NVIDIA and AMD video cards, so it wouldn’t keep running on desktops or laptops with Intel integrated graphics.
You can likewise check that GTA 5 will keep running on your PC at the Can You RUN it site. This site coordinates games’ framework prerequisites with your system specifications to let you know whether they will run.
Enter ‘Grand Theft Auto 5’ in the site’s search box, and press the Can You Run It catch. At that point another page will open demonstrating to you how your hardware specifications coordinate to the game’s system requirements.
On the off chance that your PC doesn’t meet GTA’s minimum system requirements, you can get a refund from Steam giving you downloaded the game under two weeks prior. Your Steam record will list recreations you can in any case get refunded. This Steam page gives additionally details on the best way to ask for a refund.
2. Introduce the Latest Visual C++ Redistributable Pack
The Visual C++ 2008 redistributable pack is additionally a fundamental requirement for Grand Theft’s Auto 5, which ought to have installed with rest of the game. Notwithstanding, Visual C++ won’t not have installed effectively; and there’s additionally a more update version. Press the Download button on this site page to update Visual C++ on the off chance that you don’t have the most recent adaptation.
3. Run Grand Theft Auto 5 in Compatibility Mode
Great Theft Auto 5 isn’t an obsolete game, however despite everything it originates before Windows 10. In that capacity, running the amusement in similarity mode as a administrator may resolve the Grand Theft Auto 5 has stopped working blunder. You can choose compatible mode settings as follows.
- Open GTA 5’s folder in File Explorer
- Right-tap the GTAVLauncher.exe, and select Properties on the setting menu.
- Tap the Compatibility tab to open the options
- Select the Run this program in compatibility mode choice.
- Tap the Run this program as administrator check box at the base of that tab.
- Press the Apply and OK buttons on the Compatibility tab.
- You can likewise open the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter from the Compatibility tab, which may prove to be useful for settling the GTA 5 stopped working error. Press the Run compatibility troubleshooter catch to open
4. Disable non-Windows Services
The facts might confirm that an outsider programming administration is smashing the game. To guarantee that is not the situation, impair the non-Windows administrations. This is the means by which you can turn outsider administrations off with MSConfig.
- Open Run by pressing its Win key + R console alternate route.
- Enter ‘msconfig’ in Run, and select the OK choice.
- Select the Services tab shown.
- Tap the Hide all Microsoft administrations check box to expel the MS administrations from the rundown.
- Presently you can choose Disable all to rapidly switch the outsider administrations off.
- Deselect the Load startup items check box on the General tab.
- Click Apply, select OK and press the Restart catch to reboot Windows.
5. Turn off Anti-Virus Software
Third party antivirus software and their firewalls can stop the game running. The snappy approach to see whether that is the situation is to briefly turn off third party antivirus software. Right-click the antivirus software’s notification area symbol and select its disable or turn off setting on the off chance that you can discover one on the setting menu. At that point you can presumably choose to briefly turn the product off before propelling GTA 5.
6. Confirm the Steam Game Cache
It merits confirming the Steam cache for any game that is not running. That may distinguish and repair debased game records. This is the way you can check GTA 5’s game cache.
- To start with, open and sign in to Steam.
- Open the game Library segment, and afterward right-click Grand Theft Auto 5.
- Select the Properties option on the menu.
- Select the Local Files tab, which incorporates a Verify Integrity of Game Files alternative.
- Press the Verify Integrity of Game Files option to confirm the cache. Steam will supplant undermined GTA 5 records.
7. Refresh Your Graphics Card Driver
This Grand Theft Auto 5 has stopped working blunder could be because of an obsolete graphics card driver. NVIDIA discharged GeForce Game Ready 350.12 WHQL drivers all the more particularly for GTA 5.
So it merits checking if there is a more refresh driver for your video card. This is the means by which you can refresh a NVIDIA graphics card driver manually or automatically.
- Press the Win key + X hotkey to open the Win + X menu.
- Select Device Manager on the Win + X menu to open.
- Double tap Display adapters to open a rundown of graphics device.
- Right-tap the graphics card recorded there, and select the Update driver choice.
- Select the Search automatically for updated drivers choice to consequently introduce and refresh the driver.
- On the off chance that no new gadget driver is distinguished, there might even now be a superior driver accessible on the producer’s site. Open this site page to refresh NVIDIA designs card drivers.
- Select your graphics card and Windows platform starting from the drop menus.
- Press the Search button and click Download to download the listed driver.
- At that point open the folder that contains your driver, and click its setup wizard or installer.
- Restart Windows in the wake of introducing the driver.
8. Reinstall Social Club
Social Club is the online multiplayer setup for GTA 5. Rockstar, the diversion’s distributer, recommends that players reinstall Social Club to settle GTA 5 startup issues. You can do that by entering ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run and clicking OK. At that point select Rockstar Games Social Club, and press the Uninstall catch. From that point, right-tap the Social Club installer and select Run as Administrator to reinstall Social Club.
9. Uninstall Identity Cloaker
Some Grand Theft Auto 5 players have discovered that the GTA 5 has stopped working blunder is because of the Identity Cloaker programming. On off the chance that you happen to have Identity Cloaker on your hard drive, uninstalling it will most likely fix the amusement. You can uninstall Identity Cloaker through the Programs and Features tab much the same as Social Club.
Those resolutions will likely fix GTA 5 so the game keeps running without a quit working mistake. Beside that, you can likewise have a go at reinstalling the amusement. On the off chance that you have a further fix for the Grand Theft Auto 5 has stopped working mistake, please share the extra tip in the comments section.